Friday, September 28, 2007

A Little Persective

I had to call my Grandma Novie this afternoon and ask her, "how did you do this 8 times?" I just can't fathom it some days when I am trying to manage just one. She said she really didn't know! We got to laughing and then she told me how she had to go out and cut wood so that she could have a fire to cook food with when Grandad was away. She also didn't have any disposable diapers. That means she had to clean out all of those dirty cloth diapers and wash them, BY HAND like she did the rest of the clothes! Grandma made all of their meals and sewed all of their clothes too. So, really, what is my problem?! :) Good thing I can call my Grandma Novie and get perspective when I most need it!

Speaking of Grandma Novie, she is the one who told me to pray if I got the blues after Will was born. Here was my prayer today, "Dear God, thank you for orajel and baby tylenol".

3 comments:

juliette said...

That is so sweet! I love Grandma Novie and your prayer. Last week I asked my mom (mother of eight and a fabulous knitter) how she got so much knitting done...her reply was that she put her kids to bed early!

Cami said...

Love the reality check. We don't have it so bad, just different.

Kara said...

I like this thought Tonya,
It is important to validate your overwhelmed feelings, but there are days when I definitely just need to tell myself to suck it up.. because I am so blessed and I am realizing more and more lately what a great life I have. You can call me any day when you are having a day.. because I am sure that I will be calling you for support a lot in the near future!!!