Take 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 c. baking soda, and 1 tsp. dish soap. Mix together and rub your skunk infested parts. I wouldn't say that you come out smelling like roses, as the picture might suggest, but at least the skunky smell begins to fade. How do I know this, you might ask, well my dear husband was running along some trails last night when he encountered one of these foul smelling creatures. He wasn't sure he had been hit, so he came home last night asking me to smell him. The stench filled the room. There really was no need to sniff whatsoever. Still he insisted that I smell him. Ugh! I told him he could not go to sleep in our bed until he did something about the stench. Sorry, but I've got to draw the line somewhere folks. Mike then proceeded to go on line where he found this lovely recipe, which he now has memorized. By the way, vinegar does not work. Mike tried that before he found this recipe and yes, he asked me to sniff him in between each washing. Gross! He wouldn't leave me alone until I did it. I hope for all your sakes that you never have to use this recipe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How awful! I've heard of dogs being sprayed but haven't yet heard of a person.
oh no! Bob and I were however both laughing. I hope things are better now. I was totally expecting it to be Daisy, not Mike!
Todd's comment is: some women LIKE that musky scent. Of course, I've never met one.
Post a Comment