It was a busy Thanksgiving weekend! In fact I've just recovered enough to finally blog about it! We started off the morning running a 5k. It was great. Of course, my hubby is used to doing these sorts of things, but it was a novelty for me. Slow and steady was my motto and it was great to get out early and burn some calories before chowing down on some good viddles. We went over to Carolyn and David's to toast Carlos' new job. He and Kristin bought some pisco sour and Carlos made us the signature drinks from Peru, which is a real treat. After that we headed over to my Grandma's house where she was cooking up a storm. I couldn't wait to dig in to the mashed potatoes. She is famous for making tons of pies. Supposedly she cut back this year, but I couldn't really tell. There was still plenty for me to eat! It was nice hanging out with my family. My Aunt Rose and Uncle Andy came from Oklahoma, so that made this year extra special. They came to take my Grandma Jewell back with them so we had to say our goodbyes. On Saturday we went to Tillamook to see the cheese factory, which led to more eating. It was worth the drive just to eat black walnut ice cream in a waffle cone--yum! Thanks to Lee for buying it for me :) After that we drove over to Lincoln City for some shopping and dinner. Will was pretty amazing for a little toddler man. It was a long day for him. It was great hanging out with everyone though and well worth it.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Thanksgiving Weekend
Posted by
Tonya
at
9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you went to the tillamook cheese factory??? you know that's like my life-long dream, right? i heart cheeeeese!
way to go on the running, lady! I know I always give you a hard time because you're skinny and perfect, but even skinny, perfect people need exercise, and that takes motivation. good to see you back up and blogging again after a sort of break.
I think Will looks like Michael in that last pic with your Aunt Rose. I like our family pic!
Good job with your run.. good thing I wasn't there to slow you town.
I was missing the updates to your blog! I almost called to make sure you were ok! Maybe I'll call anyway :)
Post a Comment