Monday, November 5, 2007

My friend, Kara

For those of you who don't already know her, this is my friend, Kara. She is pictured here with her daughter, Sofia and her son, Gabe. To me, Kara is just amazing. Seeing her now, with two kids, just blows me away. She doesn't skip a beat. She's out be-bopping around, smiling and having a good old time. I am so impressed. She is always a breath of fresh air and has more energy than I could ever imagine having myself! Kara and I met while teaching at Lincoln. I remember liking her right away, maybe it was the American Idol connection! We were lucky enough to room together at a conference in San Antonio and we've been friends ever since. She is very honest and open and always makes people feel so comfortable. Since she has so much energy, she is always inspiring me to do things like take walks to the park, start a blog, dance with the kidlets, throw Halloween parties (don't be fooled folks, Kara was the mastermind behind it all), etc. I also have to mention that she asks my hubby all kinds of fun questions when we all get together and I find myself anticipating his answers too! She is always making him think! She has been such a blessing to me, especially during this stay-at-home mom phase of my life. If we weren't friends the *psycho-hose-beast in me surely would have taken over by now. Thank God I have Kara to keep me going! :)

*Psycho-hose-beast is a term that I stole from my brother, Jeff. I wanted to give credit where credit is due. Thanks, Jeff! I use this term all of the time and have found that it evokes just the right image when I want to describe cranky Tonya! Hmmm...maybe you made up that word special for your big sis????

2 comments:

ktjane said...

ah, this post is so sweet! where would we be without great girlfriends? we all need karas!

Kara said...

Tonya,
You just made my day. Thank you for interpreting my energy as a good think instead of psycho hose beast like my husband might. You don't know how many times Chris has been grateful for your friendship to me, because he knows that it helps keep me sane. You are great Tonya! We all need Tonays too!