Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

This is a great recipe I found in one of my Taste Of Home cookbooks. I was going to email Kara the recipe, but then I thought I should share it with all of you faithful blog readers. Be warned, this recipe makes 10 dozen cookies!

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups quick cooking oats
2 tsps. baking soda
2 tsps. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 35o for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

ktjane said...

i can testify, i've made these & they were goooood! :)

Leah said...

10 dozen!! Any recipe that makes that many at once time, must be good enough to want to eat them all. We just so happen to have some pumpkin that I wondered what to do with.

Kara said...

I am making these as we speak, and they are turning out yummy!!! I am excited to have this easy holiday recipe.

Cami said...

Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing.

Tonya said...

I need to post recipes more often! Thanks for the comments!