Monday, October 22, 2007

A Chance Encounter



I keep telling myself that I should sleep when Will goes to bed, but I just can't do it. I must blog! We got a break from the rain today and it was wonderful. The thing about being an Oregonian is that you really appreciate the sunshine and can be grateful for it. I looked in the mirror tonight to see that my cheeks were even a little pink from being outside. Anyway, about my chance encounter... I was running some errands today, but it was so beautiful I just had to slow down and go hang out with my little boy at the park. I was roasting in my sweatshirt, but it was worth it. The first thing I see at the park is this super cute person, who I thought was a mom playing with a little girl on the slide. She was so cute in her mannerisms and the way she was talking with the girl. She was being so imaginative with her and silly in such a sweet way. She even offered to go down the slide with Will, which I thought was pretty cute. I was feeling a little run down, but this gal reminded me to put a little pep in my step, if you know what I mean. After being there for a while, Will wandered over to where she was sitting with the little girl. She then proceeded to introduce herself in a very perky way. She was so dang friendly. I love people like this! Sometimes I feel so shy. Sometimes I don't and I go ahead and strike up a conversation, but it isn't always reciprocated with much enthusiasm. This gal, however, renewed my faith in all humankind. She was so friendly, outgoing, and imaginative with the little girl who she just happened to be watching. Even though she wasn't the girl's mother I observed her talking kindly with her, dancing around and talking gibberish and just laughing and having a good old time. If only everyone enjoyed kidlets as much as this woman, every child would feel loved. Hmmm...that sounds so cheesy, but sometimes thoughts like this go through my head. So, I'm glad that people like this exist in this crazy world of ours and inspire me to be a better person too. Kristin (that was her name), whoever you are, wherever you are, thanks for the little pick me up that I needed today. Mike just looked over my shoulder and gave me a look. Yep, this entry is cheesy to the max, but hey, that's me and it's my blog, so I can do whatever I want!

4 comments:

The Growing Hennans said...

Did you get her number so she can babysit for you?! :o)

Tonya said...

No, I didn't, but I should have!!! Hi, Miranda!

Kara said...

Keep the cheese coming Tonya.. I love it. Your faithful and equally if not even more cheese friend Kara

Allison G. said...

I am in total agreement with your cheese! Being blessed with a baby equals happiness to me. When you said "If only everyone enjoyed kidlets as much as this woman, every child would feel loved." You took the words right out of my head. I feel this way every time I look at my daughter and wonder how anyone could not love such a wonderful perfect innocent being.