Thanks for the encouragement that I got from my last post! I really appreciated the comments. Here's some more writing for you...
Last weekend we had our annual get together at my parents house to celebrate Grandma Novie's birthday. I'm sure the guest of honor was there in spirit and happy to see the family together. I was trying to hold myself together most of the car ride over. The kids must have been sleeping because I had complete control over music choice with no whining from the back seat. My ipod is faltering and the screen has gone completely blank. This means when I want to listen to my music I have to take a shot in the dark as to what comes over the speakers. Wouldn't you know Alison Kraus came on first. Are you kidding me? I'll Fly Away, REALLY???? Good thing I had on big dark glasses and a 45 minute car ride so I could just be a little sad. I soothed myself with some Black Eyed Peas and yes, I hate to admit it, Britney. Go ahead and judge if you want to, I was trying to find some snappy distraction.
After that car ride and arriving at mom and dad's, I unload the kids, along with all of the paraphenalia that go along with having them out of the vehicle. I slipped on my trusty jean jacket and walk on over to where the family has congregated outside. The first words out of my brother Jeff's mouth were, "Rockin' the Canadian tuxedo, huh?" I have never heard of such a thing in my life, but leave it up to one of my brothers to introduce me to new vocabulary. It didn't take me long to realize he was referring to my denim on denim ensemble. I was already aware of the fashion faux pas, so it clicked right away. Lee, my youngest brother chimes in with a comment on wearing one lined with sheepskin. They are cracking up. Humbled, I went inside and took off my jacket. Hmph! :)
Thursday, May 26, 2011
The Canadian Tuxedo
Posted by
Tonya
at
4:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love that! haha, ive only ever heard "double denim" It's probably just the latina in you. They rock that look like nobody's business south of the border :)
Ha! That cracks me up!
Now if you top the denim on denim with a plaid lumberjack coat, you're wearing the Winnipeg Dinner Jacket.
We know how to work the mega denim look. And then apologize for it.
Cheers,
Canadian Elpoo
Post a Comment