Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Diantha!

We all met up with Diantha in the gym where she was multitasking--eating lunch and holding auditions for the upcoming talent show

Evelyn--bright, shining starlet









Ella copying some moves from Diantha's students. They are working on a performance of Michael Jackson's Thriller









The boys











Diantha directing her students and another group of fourth graders. The kids were so synchronized. It was impressive. You could hear them all stomping in sync. Nice work! Isn't it amazing that in one school day Diantha can teach these little ones to read, problem solve, cooperate as a group, AND get their groove on?!! Teacher of the year!














Yesterday Stephanie and I, along with our munchkins went out to Diantha's school to wish her a happy birthday. It was fun to see her in action with students. She is such an amazing teacher and a beautiful woman. What an honor it is that I get to call her my friend! I love her the world over. On the drive Will commented how nice it was that we get to see Diantha and even hug her instead of just seeing her on the computer (she has returned from a year teaching abroad in Australia). I almost lost it. I love that woman so much and I just nodded and agreed with Will that it was nice that we were going to get to see her in person. So glad to have her back in the U.S.A.!















1 comments:

Diantha said...

Okay. Tears upon tears. You are too sweet, Ms. T.R. I would like to say that in the midst of Kidz Bop and Hula Hoop Act # 28, you two and the children coming through the halls with roses, chocolates, and balloons was a beacon of light shining bright across the masses!! It was absolutely surreal to see it almost in slow motion as I realized those lovely moms were MY FRIENDS COMING TO VISIT ME!! You have a lovely thoughtful way of making me feel very special, and how you do it with three gorgeous, active, amazing children and a sweet hard-working/running(!!) husband, I do not know. You make it look all too easy. Thank you for a magical afternoon!!