Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Miss Ella's 3rd Birthday

Will showing Ella the card he made for her




ooh la la



Who doesn't love being served chocolate cake by a hunky French waiter??? Okay, I don't know if he's really French, but we were at the French bakery! :)



Purple pedicured toes


Ella rockin' the pedi



Family dinner


Ella requested olive pizza



Official cake pic


My happy birthday girl!!!







We had a great time celebrating our little girl last Sunday. Will gave her a card that read, Happy Birthday Ella. I helped him out a little, but he wrote all of the letters himself. I let Ella open one of her presents so she could wear a new dress to church that morning. We headed off together just the two of us. Having Ella all to myself was such a treat. During sharing time at church I announced that it was Ella's third birthday and said that I was very grateful for my little girl. I let her say her age into the microphone and then she promptly buried her face into my shoulder. I could still feel the smile though. The song leader led the whole congregation in a round of Happy Birthday to you. How special!


Afterwards we went to the French bakery for lunch--very lovely! It was so fun to have a fancy, girly lunch with Ella. When we got home I gave her a pedicure, complete with a foot soak and massage. Ella loves "tickles" on her legs so I had a feeling she would really enjoy a pedicure. Then it was time to paint. How fun!


Ella was ready for a rest at that point so she stayed home and napped with Mike while I took Will to another birthday party. Mike said that she was beaming from the morning's activities. That made me a happy mom. She also told him that she got to speak into the microwave at church. :)


For dinner that night, Ella requested olive pizza. We set the table with pink dishes (depression era dishes that belonged to my mother's grandmother) and lit candles. It was a special day for all of us. We love you so much Ella Jewell!


























2 comments:

Kristin Rosling said...

Oh Miss Ella!! She looks so grown up! I cant wait to celebrate! Any idea when we might be doing that?? :) I'll give you a call tomorrow and see if I can catch you and talk to both my buddies with bdays this week.

Diantha said...

Pink! Pink! Sooo wonderful to read about the grand celebration!