Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Rocket to Heaven

Last Sunday Will and I were sitting in church together.  He was getting a little squirmy, laying across my lap and trying to get comfortable.  As he was doing so, he caught part of Pastor Brent's sermon.  He asked me, "If God made everything, then who made God?  He couldn't make himself!"  Will got a real kick out of this.  He thought it was pretty funny.  I told him there are some things we just won't know the answers to until we get to heaven.  He had a solution for this:  "I'm going to be a scientist and build a rocket that goes to heaven." 

1 comments:

A Barr said...

Isaac said he is going to heaven in a helicopter...It's so hard explaining some stuff, especially when our kids are so smart and inquisitive, like "Who made God?" So hard...my mom told me when I was about 5, that is what faith means...when you believe something but don't know some reasons why. :) I still remember that conversation.
p.s. natalie's hair is soooooo much better. Still long but thicker at ends!