There's a new time suck out there, folks. It's called Pinterest. I try to spend my time wisely, but sometimes I get drawn into stuff like this. There are some great ideas on there and it's fun to look around. I saw a quote on there a while back, but I didn't "pin" it. It went something like this...
The reason for your insecurity is that you are comparing your "behind the scenes" with someone else's highlight reel.
I really liked this. Underneath the quote someone left a comment saying that's how they feel about most blogs. I struggle with the happy sunshiny blog thing. I don't really feel like airing out my dirty laundry to just anyone, but sometimes there's just too much cheeriness on the blog. Then I think, I should be cheery, I have a lot to be grateful for. Sometimes though, it doesn't feel real because we all have ups and downs, right? Don't you just feel annoyed sometimes when you check a blog and it's so dang happy? :) I guess I just want you to know that although I post mostly happy moments on this blog I also have plenty of crazy days too.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Posted by
Tonya
at
10:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I tend to navigate away from the blogs that only share the "happy" stuff. I mean, seriously, we all have stuff that gets to us, so reading the happy, happy, happy isn't really that fun or rewarding. I would love more blogs from people sharing not only their ups, but also their downs, so I, don't feel alone sometimes dealing with some of my downs. I don't care who you are, it sucks feeling alone and or down. I think many want to put out there, that things are just so wonderful and "our" family is just great and happy because they are either nervous, scared, and possibly embarassed that things aren't always that great. REALLY? We are all going through it. Share, please, so we can all grow from how you dealt with it. Really good post Turbo T. From your now medicating friend... Sucks to believe that all my efforts with running and everything else haven't granted me a "pass." Write on T... The Humboldt Smoker
This is just like how happy status updates on Facebook can lead people right into depression. Stop being so cheery Tonya! Just kidding, but Im definitely glad there was no facebook when I was growing up! Not saying Im done growing up, but I think it would have caused some serious feelings of angst to go along with the ones we all already had.
On one hand, I love your happy posts that remind me to stop for a moment (or 10) and breathe in what is really important in life. But I do get your point. The balance makes the happy thoughts even more meaningful.
Post a Comment