Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The End of an Era

 What's left from Ella and Noel's tea party
 The kids entertaining us with their musical stylings
 Miriam and Audrey
 The whole gang minus Jen
 The whole gang minus me


 Did these guys really used to be our itty bitty babies???
 Kara and Wendy, smiling their way through motherhood :)
 Ella/Rambo
 Mei Zhen & Shan Li--sweet sisters
 Pic with Claire looking our way
Betsy trying to talk Claire into looking at the camera

Okay, so the blog title is a bit dramatic, but I feel as if I am moving on to a new phase in my life.  Life as a mother to a school age child.  When did that happen???!!!  Many of the gals in the above pictures I met through a class for new moms and their babies.  What a blessing.  I still remember walking into class.  It felt like the first day of high school.  Who would I sit by?  I felt so awkward in this role as stay at home mom.  I was still trying to get my bearings.  I didn't know how to be a stay at home mom.  I'm no suzy homemaker that's for sure!  That first day Marianne and Juliette welcomed me over and I took a seat next to them.  Whew, the hard part was over, finding a place to sit and I scored because these gals were friendly and awesome.  Some things you can just tell about a person.  I remember Trevor with his mad rolling over skills.  He was amazing.  These women saved my sanity on more than one occasion.  They probably aren't even aware of it.  I remember getting phone calls out of the blue from many of these women with invites and let me tell you that mothering should not be done solo.  It's always better with a community and I certainly feel like I have scored with mine.  These women are caring, compassionate, and interesting.  It's been great sharing in this journey with them the past five years.  I'm thankful and humbled by my friends. 

1 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for sharing. We need to all keep up with book club or something or I think we will never see each other :(. It is the end of an Era!