If you read the first in the series of these vacation blogs you know that we resorted to using dum-dum lollipops on the airplane. I never thought I would do such a thing until I had sweet little Ella. I knew I had to have some kind of trick up my sleeve. Also, in my defense, I thought it might help their little ears to have something to suck on during take off and landing. Why do we mothers always have to justify??? Anyway...I just have to tell you that the way home was a little hairy. There was some screaming involved and we were very ready to get off the plane. Ella leaked through her diaper and we both ended up wet. Luckily it was just a little pee. I'm still impressed with my feats accomplished in the airplane bathroom. I changed my pants, Ella's diaper and clothes. Let me tell you it's not easy for a pregnant woman with a backpack to change her pants in an airplane bathroom. Luckily the long line of folks in front saw me coming and let me cut in line. Holy cow! We got the job done and I was thinking how fortunate I was that I haven't had to deal with any puke yet, which is why I usually think of packing extra clothes for myself along with the kids' extra changes. Then on the way out of the airplane into the terminal Ella hurls. I am very grateful that she saved this for the very end of our trip and that it wasn't on the airplane, especially since I had already used up our extra clothes. Poor thing. Her parents probably fed her too many lollipops! I also have to document that at one point during the trip Will fell asleep. He most have been dreaming about those lollipops because it looked like he was licking one in his sleep. It looked so funny! It's always an adventure flying cross country with toddlers. We had a fabulous trip, but I think we're going to be staying home for a little while!
Moral of my story: Don't judge a mother who gives her children lollipops.
Always bring a change of clothes on the airplane.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures
Posted by
Tonya
at
5:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love all of your updates for vacation. Looks fun and exhausting at the same time. I can't believe she peed and threw up. How do you do it, super mom?
Aren't you just a blogging mama. No judgement passed here my dear.
Oh wow, what a great trip and what a story to tell about the trip home!
Post a Comment