*While I was taking my shower this morning I set the kids up with playdough at the table. Will ended up making me a "biscuit cake with a cherry on top". He was really proud of his creation and I was too, so I had to take this picture. Will said it was for me and then he got his guitar out and started singing happy birthday!
*Ella and Will crouched down observing the rain flowing down the hill. They were fascinated with the water and a humongous worm that looked like he was testing the water, deciding if he would get in and swim. Could he keep up with the current? Will was throwing sticks and leaves into the "river". At one point he laughed hysterically when the worm finally did decide to get into the water and he whoosed down the hill. Will ran after him, of course, laughing all the way. We talked about how it was kind of like a water slide for our little friend, the worm. Rain is so much fun. We should have just played in it all day for our morning activity!
*Mike picked up our first CSA box today from a local farm. That means we will be getting a box full of fruit and veggies each week into the fall. Woo-hoo! Half of it's gone already!
*Ella's continual snuggles. Riding on my hip is one of her favorite spots. While she is doing this she also likes to suck her thumb and twirl my hair. Ahhhh.
*Mike and I hanging out while the kids played in the bathtub. We were able to actually have a little conversation and laugh at our cute kids together.
*Will and Ella playing together. They scrap sometimes, but most of the time they make quite the pair. They both got into the dress up box at the indoor park today. Will put on a viking hat and pretended to be a bull. After observing another little girl at the park, Ella put on some little heels and click clacked around the gym.
*Feeling the baby moving around inside of me. I think it's the best part of being pregnant.
All these wonderful moments. I need to remember that these are what really count during my day. It's going to be gone in a flash. Sometimes I wish I could bottle them up. Writing them down is a start.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Highlights of My Day
Posted by
Tonya
at
10:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love this. It's so hard to remember all those little cozy things. And there are so many more to come! I hope to see you in person one of these days!
That was beautiful Tonya! Is your CSA through Denison also?
Tonya...you capture MommyLife so well! xoxo, Stephanie
Post a Comment