Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Today I said goodbye to my neighbor and friend, Erin. I think I'm still in a little bit of denial over it. I tried to persuade her to stay, but she is off to a new job and a new life many miles away. It was so great to feel comfortable enough with a neighbor to invite them over to my messy house to eat pancakes! Instead of feeling bummed out I am going to concentrate on being grateful that I had a person in my life that has made such an impression on me. In the short amount of time that we lived across the street from each other we became mothers, chatted about life, watched our munchkins grow, ventured out into the forest with screaming babies and wild toddlers (mine, not hers), slid down a dirt slope with infants in slings to cool off in a river, etc., etc., etc. I am REALLY going to miss having you across the street from me, Erin. I will be stalking you in spirit :)

4 comments:

Kara said...

Good luck with your move Erin!

Erin said...

You are so sweet :) We miss you too.

The people here seem so busy and so grumpy. I can't imagine any of them inviting me and Ada over for pancakes and berries and letting us linger on those days that just won't end. We're going to miss you guys so much.

Come visit! :) And keep the blog posts coming, please :) Though they don't all have to be about me :P

And thanks Kara. We need it!

Tonya said...

Good to hear from you, Erin!!! I will have to come visit because I'm already missing you a ton!!! I'll work on the blog posting :)

Montana Harkin said...

Hi Tonya,

Can you email us your address? Erin, Ada, and I wanted to send you a thank you gift for watching over our house and kitty. We really super duper appreciate it.

Hope you're well,
Montana