Having one of those days? Try rummaging through your cupboards to find that old box of cornmeal. Dump it on your floor and let your kids go to town! They will be entertained for hours. Nevermind that you will be finding cornmeal in every crevice of your kitchen for the next 15 years. Yesterday the afternoon was dragging on, so we decided to get creative. Both of the kids loved playing in the cornmeal. My kitchen was transformed into an indoor sandbox. I didn't actually dump it on my floor, in case you are sitting at your computer aghast that I would let my children do such a thing. It started out in a very impractical container and then spread around the house from there. If you want to be smart about it I would suggest using a large container and let the kids dig around in it. Maybe you could hide some "treasures" in there to find. Will liked it so much he wanted to play in the "sand" with his Grandma C. the next day. Carolyn, Will and Ella were all on the floor this afternoon having a good ol' time.
***My dearest Juliette, I went all out to prove to you that this is, at it's heart, a mommy blog.
:) Love, Tonya
5 comments:
Playing with your grandchildren in cornmeal--lots of fun. Yes, Ella is growing, and wanting to get right in the middle of things--watch out Will.
I loved Ella's hairdo--reminded me of Cindy Lou Who.
Gramma C
Great idea. Hey my house is usually a wreck anyways.. why not spread some cornmeal around :). Oh Tonya.. the things we do when we are having a day! I am glad to see that your blog is still a mom blog too. Don't be getting all rock star athlete on us... or maybe you already have.
Oh man, that ponytail is too much!! So cute!! Looks like fun.
I love Will looking at the cornmeal and his dumptruck, he looks like life couldn't be any better. Ella is super skilled. Clapping? Keep up the good work!
I love it! Maybe even throw some water in, too. Whew, I'm relieved one of my top fave momblogs is back on track. (And jealous that you can run that far!)
Post a Comment