I couldn't beat all these runners that I am surrounded by, so I have finally decided to join them. Today I ran my first ever 10k. That's right, folks. I am really starting to feel like a runner now. My coach (Mikeluvin) has me on a training plan for a half marathon. This race was to help me prepare for that and see what pace I should run the half marathon. I ran under 9 minute miles, which was quite a surprise. I felt good about the race and I pushed myself to run at a challenging pace. Yes, 9 minute miles or under is a challenging pace for me. I don't have my official time because they don't have the race results up just yet and I forgot to stop my watch at the end of it all, but I glanced at the race clock as I was crossing the finish line and it was under 52 minutes. Mike and William also ran the race and did an incredible job. Mike finished 2nd overall and William finished 4th. I am in the midst of greatness! :)
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great job on the 10k! Just looked at the results, 8:39 pace, and well in the top half of the field! Very impressive.
8:39 pace... are you freakin kidding me??? Tonya, you are a maniac woman. You will definitely be leaving me behind immediately in the Hippie Chick. You have to start running with me to help me be faster!!! I am seriously impressed. And you are way too modest.
you amaze me!
Good run Tonya! You are fast and doing so good!!
Impressive!
Post a Comment