Sunday, January 20, 2008

Looks like I've really gotten out of the blogging habit! Right now Mike and Will are with the in-laws watching football. I decided to stay behind and get some work done. First I went to the library and checked out some materials for a presentation I will be giving in February. After that I spent a gift certificate that Jeff gave me for Christmas. Here's what I got: The soundtrack to the movie Once, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and My Sister's Keeper. Books and music, ahhhhh...food for my soul! I recommend the movie Once. It's a musical and so lovely. Go see it. I'm reading A Thousand Splendid Suns for my book club. It is perpetually checked out or on hold at the library, so I just went ahead and bought it. Two good friends of mine have also recommended My Sister's Keeper, so I don't think I'll be disappointed in my purchases. I also looked around for a new journal. I finally finished writing in the last page of my old one the other day. Maybe that's why I haven't been blogging very much. I always pick out a very special journal for myself because it usually takes me years to fill one up and it becomes a sort of confidant to me as I pour myself out onto its pages.

After all of that shopping I had to take a break, so I stopped in at one of my little coffee shops, had a snack and read 70 pages of A Thousand Splendid Suns. It is such a nice treat to sit, read a good book and sip your tea from a mug on a cold day. I feel spoiled now. I can't tell you how strange it feels to walk into the house and have no one here but me! It is such a rare occurence!

Well, that's the update, folks. Nothing too exciting, but hey, at least I'm writing again!

7 comments:

Kara said...

I feel compelled to comment to encourage you to keep posting :). So glad you had a relaxing day. I need to get my act together, because I am not sure how I would handle a day of peace in my life right now.. I think it would be to eerie to have my house quiet all by myself, because I am used to a little bit of chaos!

juliette said...

I'm sure I used to while away my free afternoons in such a way, but I know I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I do now, with free afternoons so few and far between. Thanks for sharing the peace, I can taste it!

ktjane said...

ah... the red horse cafe! glad you had such a wonderful day!

Kristin Rosling said...

That does sound like a good day! Go Patriots! Im still waiting for your blog that lectures us about all the horrible food we are eating :)

Tonya said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies! Kristin, I will be writing that post soon. I only have a few more pages to read before I'm finished with that book :)

Shahnaz said...

Hi Tonya. I just remembered about your blog and found it! I love this entry because I can SO relate to the absolute treat (RARE treat) it is to have enough alone time to go shopping, go to coffee, AND READ! I'm so happy for you! And, by the way, I read A Thousand Splendid Suns last summer, and it is so amazing! I'd love to talk to you about it when you're done.

Kristin Rosling said...

Hey we just watched the movie Once and then immediately after bought the soundtrack on iTunes. It was a good movie and the music is awesome!