Oh, I am so proud! Here I am blogging. First a cell phone that weighs less than ten pounds, now this!
I'm starting this blog to keep you all posted on Will's progress as a little human being and also what we are up to as a family. I hope you all enjoy it!
Today was such a wonderful day, I had to create a blog to tell the whole world about it. Here's some background...
This week has been a bit trying. Will has been teething this week and sleep has been hard to come by. I think he is getting four new teeth, all at the same time. Is that possible? When I woke up this morning I just knew I had to get out of the house. I announced to Mike that I was going to the beach! Will and I had a great day together. He actually slept on the way there (this is a small miracle in itself). He was well rested when we arrived. We stopped to get lunch at Cafe Stephanie--my favorite little place to eat in Newport. Will was my date as we ate lunch together and I got to chat with some very friendly people around me. Next stop was to the beach. Will seems to love everything about the beach. Just seeing him laugh and play made me feel renewed as a mother. He was crawling like a crazy man towards the ocean. He would have kept right on crawling if I wouldn't have stopped him! I love to see Will and his fascination with the world around him. He was just taking in the seagulls, the ocean breeze, the sand, kites flying in the air. It really makes me appreciate life in a whole new way. We just had a good time laughing and playing together. After that we headed to the Aquarium. What fun! Will was cracking up at every little thing. I love that little guy! I think we checked out every exhibit. Finally, we made our way to the Chowder Bowl. I bought a whole quart for Mike. I felt I owed him one after he had the patience to listen to my insomniac ramblings the night before. I don't know what I'd do without him! As an added bonus I got him some taffy for dessert. How can you go to the beach and not bring back taffy? It was a nice adventure and good to break from routine a bit. I'm grateful I can do this from time to time. Will slept most of the way home, even as I sang to the Dixie Chicks at the top of my lungs. When the lullaby song came on I had tears in my eyes thinking of my sweet little angel asleep in the back seat. I love days like this!
Friday, May 18, 2007
My very first blog
Posted by
Tonya
at
9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
thanks a lot, tonya, you gone done & made me cry! that was the sweetest first blog i've ever read. i love your heart! you are such a beautiful person & i'm glad to call you my friend! i can't wait to see you guys this summer. love ya! :)kt
So much fun to read about your day with Will at the beach--and you will have so many more wonderful days ahead...
Love, Grandma C
I am so glad to see you blogging! Pictures are super easy on here, just click on the little photo button. I look forward to reading about your adventures as a great mom! Leah
Tonya,
Go blogging mama!!! You've done me proud. Hey, I put you as a link on my blog, so now other people can click on your name from my blog to see my cool friend :). Dude, I totally relate to your day. I think God blesses us with the "perfect" mom days occasionally to remind you of how lucky we are to be on this journey (not always easy to remember on a daily basis I might add). See you at Idol night!!
Post a Comment