It's been a while so I'm just going to get on the internet here and ramble away. After I downloaded pictures from Christmas, we had some trouble with our camera. I guess that's why I haven't blogged. I know how much y'all like pictures to go with the posts. We just received a new one in the mail, so be on the look out. I've been busy running and putting on an event for my local reading council. I have to say that being the president of this organization has taught me a lot about myself. Finally, I have learned to delegate!!! This event was a Writing Palooza. We had teachers make 10-15 minute presentations on how they teach writing in their classrooms. The women who presented made me proud to be in the teaching profession. They are simply extraordinary and professional. Many cut backs are being made and districts are not able to send teachers to conferences and receive professional development. The event we put on was free and 47 educators attended--woo hoo!!! One of my friends said that it felt like we were filling a need. I continue to be impressed with our teachers out there who work so incredibly hard and then take time out of their lives (without getting paid) and attend an event such as this so they can do an even better job of educating our children.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cheers to you, Tonya, for running the Mid Valley! 3 of "my" teachers went, and I got an e-mail from one of them saying how wonderful it was! I wanted to go, but Quincy was really sick, so I was home with him. I so appreciate your leadership with the Mid Valley Reading Council, but even more than that, I miss having you at Lincoln!!!
i heart teachers!
Thanks, Shahnaz! I miss teaching with you out at Lincoln. You are one of the best, girlfriend!
Katie--I'm glad you heart teachers :) I heart katies. Ahhhh, can you feel the love?! :)
Post a Comment