So, I woke up this morning to check my email and I see on the screen that it's national donut day. Like I really needed one more reason to want to go out and eat a donut. I tried to go back to sleep, but of course all I could think about was eating one. Here's to National Donut Day...
Ode to the donut
bavarian cream,
you are this pregnant woman's dream
why must you be so sinful and tasty?
oh, how I do love this fine pastry!
If I take just one bite,
let it not lead to cellulite.

10 comments:
MMMmmmmmmm :)
You were up early today according to when you posted. Sweet poem Tonya. The only donuts that tempt me are the ones on Peoria road at the Mennonite Bakery. Yum.....
Love a good bismark!
I saw that too! If you didn't satisfy that craving today, it'll just come back to haunt you tomorrow.
Is it a pregnant thing to wake up and think about eating? Sometimes I can't go back to sleep for two hours at night because I'm thinking about a bowl of cereal.
Kara, surely you have not been to gramma dammas? They make some good donuts.
I had some tremendous willpower today by not actually eating a donut. Maybe it was because I knew I had a dr. appt. and that they were going to weigh me! :)
Gramma dammas is the place. They even have a drive thru. That's dangerous!
ICan you believe I had never eaten a Dunkin Dounut until I moved to Peru? Kind of strange...When are you due?
...I of course had eaten other donuts. In the fall, Davis Farms makes the best homemade donuts.
Okay... not to play devil's advocate, but gramma damma's donuts don't hit the spot for me. I mean, I surely wouldn't refuse one, but I would not go out of my way to eat one. Elisa, I do,however, thoroughly enjoy the donuts and Davis Family Farm, and of course the ever so charming farmer Davis as well is a bonus as well.
That was awesome Tonya!!!
I'm glad to see that donuts have sparked some comments on the old blog!
Elisa--I'm due in the middle of July. Not too much longer! Your baby girl is so cute. Glad to see you're blogging too so I can stay up to date!
I love the donuts at Davis Farms too. You really can't beat homemade. Yum!
Post a Comment