On Saturday my husband ran the furthest distance he has ever run in his life--50 miles! Can you believe that?! I know, me either! Mike's parents, Will and I were his cheering squad. We drove up to Mt. Hood together and met him at the half-way point. He was looking good and we fueled him up with water, power gels, and pb&j. Then he was off again. While Mike was on the way down the mountain we were scarfing down our lunch. We were thinking of you, Mike. We met him at the next check point and he was still looking good. The next time we saw Mike, he was crossing the finish line. We were all so impressed with him. What an accomplishment!
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow - i still can't believe he ran fifty freaking miles! that is amazing!
Mike,
You inspire me and depress me at the same time. Just so everyone out there knows, Mike runs a faster pace in a 50 mile race than I ran in a 6 mile race. Man.. after baby number two comes, I am gettting my booty in gear!
Post a Comment