Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Carving Party

 Dorothy and Pirate...Arghhhhh!

 Dainty Dorothy
 Dancing, Theatrical Dorothy
 We're at a party with all of our friends and look what we're doing...my kids are book hounds!
 Love Audrey's smile
 The best group shot I could get
 My sweet pirate!
Mike's dressed as an ultramarathoner...isn't he cute?
 
 
Here are a few shots from the Pumpkin Carving party.  It was a test run of the costumes and I think they turned out pretty well.  After reading Wizard of Oz and watching the movie (minus some scary parts), Ella was set on being Dorothy.  I was going to sew it, but then found the dress for 60% off.  That saved me a lot of work!  I wish it were a bigger size, but I couldn't resist the sale!  We repurposed an old tuxedo into a pirate outfit for Will and embellished with some other pirate paraphenalia that we had.  I also found some fun pirate buttons to add to the vest to make it less tuxedo-like.  Since Audrey is obsessed with "doggies" right now she wore a hat.  I finished up a pillowcase dress to complete her outfit, but that wasn't complete until the day of Halloween (in typical Tonya style).  I decided to try the peacock outfit this time and added some feathers so you could actually tell what I was!  

1 comments:

Kristin Rosling said...

Very nice! Did I tell you I was a peacock too??