Today, I ran a half marathon and broke two hours. Woo hoo! My finishing time was 1 hour 56 minutes. I focused on keeping a 9 minute mile pace and it paid off. There was also no puking involved this time around. I thought if I just kept on pace throughout I might not have to make myself sick at the end by trying to make up for lost time. Mike was there to cheer me on and was very proud of my race. The best part came afterwards when they held a race for the kids. Mike went over to sign Will up. I looked over and saw Mike crouched down helping Will pin on his bib. I just want to burn that image into my brain because it was so dang sweet. Needless to say Will was overjoyed about participating in his first race. He ran the whole time without stopping. Mike served as his pacer. What a dad, huh?
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh my goodness!! Tonya, great job!! And Im so happy Will got to run :) Must have been so cute!
Good job Tonya. Seriously.... we may not be able to stay friends if you keep all of this awesomeness up!! J/K, but you really are amazing mama.
Post a Comment